Only 10 months after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United manager David Moyes has been sacked, with Ryan Giggs taking over until the end of the season.
Earlier club published a statement: “Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the club.
“The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role.”
Another statement has been published shortly, saying: “Ryan Giggs, the club’s most decorated player, will assume responsibility for the first team until a permanent appointment can be made.”
Manchester United had worst season
- Defeated in Champions League quarter-final by Bayern Munich
- Beaten in League Cup semi-final by Sunderland
- Lost at home to Swansea in the third round of the FA Cup
- Five points from a possible 24 against the current Premier League top four of Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal
- Defeat against Everton confirmed club will miss out on Champions League for first time since 1995-96